How the SEC football Teams faired.
Other than my football team pulling it out I wasn't very happy with how the SEC faired in the 2005 bowl games. Here are the results.
SEC Football Bowls
LSU defeats Miami
- Many people thought the odds makers were being generous in favoring Miami by only 7 points in this years Peach bowl
but LSU showed them just how good they are when they play up to their potential. The Miami Hurricanes suffered their worst bowl loss ever as LSU'd merciless defense held them to 3 second half yards ad LSU's offense clicked in the air and on the ground for 40 points. Joseph Addai is my new hero as he ran rampid all over Miami's top rated defense.
- Mizzou defeats South Carolina - The old ball coaches return got spoiled when his Gamecocks went out and laid down for Mizzou in the second half of the Independence bowl. Come on Spurrier you know you've got to get those boys playing all 4 quarters.
- Florida defeats Iowa - Florida, the 2005 SEC team who likes to get up for or lay down for any given team on any given day decided to get up and whip Iowa this year in the Outback Bowl. This game featured another big second half come back by a team but in this case Iowa couldn't get back on top of the Gators. People seem to feel this game came down to a questionable call.
- Alabama rolls over Texas Tech - In a game many thought would showcase how could Texas Tech's offense was the Crimson Tide impressively stunted them to only 1 touchdown in this years addition of the Cotton bowl. Alabama's defense was truly impressive and intense for the entire game.
- Georgia fumbles game to West Virginia - The only stat that mattered in this game was the turn over margin. Georgia gave the ball over 3 times in this years Sugar Bowl and it really bothered me. The Sugar Bowl is where the SEC's top dog should go and put the smack down on some other team. I couldn't believe these were the same guys who beat LSU so completely in the SEC Championship game. Fumbles, bad passes and bad decision making. They fumbled the game away. Props to West Virginia for that fake punt to seal the deal at the end. Guts there!
- Auburn takes it hard from Wisconsin - My god Auburn why don't you go out there and embarras us a little more in the capitol one bowl? I wanted to see the capitol one viking dudes come out and tear up the Auburn Tigers for laying down to the damn Badgers like that? They're a young team though and we'll see alot from them next year but it'd been nice to see the SEC with a winning bowl record this year!!