Here is my Baton Rouge barguide to the most popular places in Baton Rouge.
They're in no particular order of favoritism and it only features the places
I've been and happen to think of while building this list. Good listing for
someone in town looking to learn more about the Baton Rouge scene. Many of
these places don't have websites of their own or at least not that I've
found anyway. If you know otherwise please email me. I would appreciate
emails concerning other places which I may not have listed here as well.
Basic Baton Rouge Bars:
- If you're country/redneckish go to Texas Club, Triple A bar or one of the
various daiquiris joints.
- If you're kind of trendy think Downtown area.
- if you're 18-24 think Tigerland by LSU.
- If you just want to relax regardless of who you are think Champp's, Fox n
Hound, The Chimes East
- Live Music? - The Caterie, The Varsity, Click's, Cadillac Cafe and The
Spanish Moon always have live bands. There are lots of other places to see
quality live music as well.
- If you're in your late 30's 40's you might want to try Cadillac Cafe or
You'll find that Baton Rouge has many "Baton Rouge Tradition" bars and a
whole lot of friendly holes in the wall. If you're a big clubber you'll find
the town a little short on that but if you like to hang back and have a few
drinks in a nice atmosphere then the area is great! We've got our share of
dance floors but don't expect a knock your socks off clubbing experience.