Jerry W Odom Jr
5820 Fort Sumpter
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
- Experienced problem solver who consistently develops solutions which completely satisfy client goals.
- Focus on service orient application development & tiered development through career.
- Independent thinker who's perfectly capable of working alone or in a group.
- People person who loves client interaction and project management.
- Lots of experience integrating systems from different vendors.
- The last 3 years I've been concentrated on Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.0 & currently 3.5 platforms in Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 TFS.
- The last 2 years I've been involved in agile development.
Technology Use Summary
Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Integration Services, BizTalk, SeeBeyond eGate, Apache, BIND, Swish(Flash), Microsoft Office.
MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Redhat Linux, FreeBSD, Windows Server, Windows XP, Windows 98, AIX
Turner Industries Group L.L.C. - February 2008 to Present
BCBSLA - February 2007 to February 2008
- New development in Microsoft .NET 3.5 applications using C# in Visual Studio 2008 Team System.
- Windows, Web, WPF and Mobile interface development.
InsiderLabs - 2001 to 2006
- Developed & managed applications in business process tools SeeBeyond Egate and Microsoft BizTalk.
- Maintenance of BCBSLA business systems based on Java.
- Developed web based Intranet services using Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0/1.1 to be consumed by classic ASP and ASP.NET interfaces. Primary development tool was Visual Studio 2005.
- Worked data between data sources such as DB2, SQL Server and Oracle using Microsoft SSIS to apply business logic.
- Gained extensive knowledge of healthcare systems through development on BCBSLA clearing house software.
- Employed structured enterprise concepts such as quality control and SAS 70 audit.
An Internet startup where my responsibilities were technical consulting on business systems driving
the direction of the company. Our primary product was delivering online advertising through online partnerships and traffic building.
My responsibility was research and development of new and existing systems which were based on open source software.
We used a large number of open source tools such as AJAX toolkits, blogs, pay per click software. We also developed a large number of services
based applications used to pass data between our customized systems.
- A fully functional large scale PPC search engine which has handled upwards to 250,000 daily requests. It was a web service which consumed custom XML from our partners and delivered the best results to consuming clients. Our client appliations were
- A system offering the re-sale of premium domain names. I worked as part of
a 7-10 person team developing a system to build an inventory of premium domain names. Responsibilities included researching sources
of domain data, methods for determining their value and developing a programmatic system for acquiring domains using Perl, Visual Basic
and web based interfaces. Developed system for generating website templates and programmatically interacting with Ad feeds.
I also Managed server uptime and domain hosting.
- A suite of officially licensed toolbars designed to attract use from students, alumni and fans of large national universities. I developed toolbars using
a 3rd party BHO generator developed in VB. The development tool was customizable via XML configuration files but required custom development via VB.
- Louisiana State University, December 2002
B.A. - Major: Computer Science Minor: Information Systems and Decision Sciences
- Microsoft Certified Professional - .NET Framework
- Microsoft Technology Specialist - .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
- 2002 WebmasterWorld Pubcon - Sent to research information with designing systems for online advertising in mind.
- 2006 WebmasterWorld Pubcon - Attended seminars on web technologies, online advertising, search engines, online systems, SEO, community, design.
Independent Consulting & Projects
- JerryOdom.com - Developed my personal web space with SEO in mind in order to test web traffic building theories. Includes RSS feeds, automated sitemap, Google analytical tracking, ad based feeds.
- Best of Baton Rouge - A Baton Rouge entertainment and business resource. Includes automatically updated calendar feeds, integrated external feeds, AJAX, database powered. Content management system designed and developed by me.
- Mustang Shelly - Website I developed to sell a 2007 Ford Mustang Rough online. SEO techniques, quick deployment with Wordpress, picture galleries.
- David's Chair - Website I designed and maintain for a Baton Rouge hair salon. Worked with owner to deliver his needs in website.
- LiveAfterFiveOnline.com - Incorperated SEO techniques into design. Worked with business units and promoters to update website design for optimal results.
- The Hurricane Choir - A website whose content I ported to a content management system to facilitate for easier management. Worked with a board of supporting members to facilitate functionality.